What Are You Listening To?

Just listened to James Morrison’s Greatest Hits. A singer-songwriter from UK. One of my fav artist, been following him since his first album. Some songs are a bit overproduced I think, like Too Late For Lullabies, This Boy; stripping its raw feeling from the songs. But I guess I can always listen to the original ones.

Anyone here also listen to James Morrison?

Also, share what are you listening to. I’m always searching for new music, artists, and acts to listen to.

I haven’t listened to James Morrison before but I really do enjoy music based out of Eastern Europe/the UK. It has a kind of refreshing quality to it that American music is lacking for me personally.

Emily Burns
Holly Humberstone
Ed Sheeran
Mimi Webb

I’ve been in a rut the last several months with music. There for a while, in 2021, there was a lot of really good releases but in 2022 it seems to have slowed down.

I’ve found a few good tracks lately, though:

Kody West - Green
The Satellite Station - Only Human & Shelter

Been listening to some older Our Lady Peace as well. Some other artists I’ve enjoyed are Austin Plaine (self-titled release) and anything by Gregory Alan Isakov.

Well for me, I found out few new artists that like this year - Sierra Eagleson, Luke Sital-Singh, Delilah Montagu. Try check out I Miss You (Blind 182 cover) by Sierra and her brother, feels like a totally new song.

There were some albums that I’ve enjoyed too these past few months like Muse’s Will of The People being the most recent one, Paolo Nutini’s Last Night in the Bittersweet (almost all tracks are excellent-very good), Harry Style’s As It Was and Maggie Rogers’ Surrender.

Bumping this thread - sharing my fav new artists find, Billie Marten and The Blue Stones.

Billie Marten - I feel like almost of her songs have this magical kind of wistful and beautiful feel to them. Feel nostalgic, like in a different place whenever I listen to her. Go try check her out. Fav tunes - Milk & Honey, Mice, Liquid Love, This is How We Move, Cursive.

The Blue Stones - Loving the sound, groove, rhythm this band brings. Fav tunes - One by One, Black Holes, Shakin’ Off The Rust.

Oh, and the new album by Tom Chaplin, Midpoint has been on my repeat playlist for few weeks now. Just a solid album overall.

Just listened to Bombay Bicycle Club albums. I remembered I first discovered them from @robert shoutout from the bsides forum. Woah, they are good. And know what, they just had a single with your fav new artist @shawn - Holly Humberstone. Called ‘Diving’. Love the song, infectious and just a feel good song. Like the acoustic rendition of it too.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @snowfist! That was a beautiful song they did together. I’ll have to take a look at more of BBC’s discography.

1 Like

Somehow missed this - Wowow, I’m so glad you like them!! They’re one of my favourite bands. Consistently impeccable quality to their songwriting, and a real range of sounds and genres. The lead singer Jack Steadman is the songwriter and composer, and he’s nothing short of a musical genius. His side project Mr Jukes is a bit mindblowing.

BBC’s album Flaws is an acoustic record that’s gorgeous, and my favourite album of theirs is their third, A Different Kind of Fix. Lights Out Words Gone is a sublime song:)

I’ve been into a band called TOLEDO this year. Some Øzwald vibes, but a different flavour. Really exquisite low-fi acoustic music:

Been listening to Bombay Bicycle Club latest album. Their greatest work thus far, I think. Very consistent tonally and found some absolute fav here like Turn The World On, Heaven, Tekken 2 and Diving. Thanks @robert for introducing this awesome band.

I now found enjoyment in Tom Chaplin (Keane’s vocalist) latest solo album. I never really like it at the first listen but I’ve gotta say it has grown on me. And now, I found myself not skipping any of the songs. It’s best for road trip listen I think, especially if you’re just driving at a slow pace, enjoying the view. My favs include All Fall Down, Rise and Fall, It’s Over, Midpoint, Cameo and Gravitational.

1 Like